So it is very important to clean sterling silver jewelry
Sterling silver is one precious metal that is available and in reach of everyone. It is a metal that stays in your life for a long time. It is durable and strong that’s why loved by every jewelry lover who loves to wear jewelry on a regular basis. clean sterling silver A lot of people love gemstones and believe that they have a lot of effect on their day to day lives. Gemstones such as Rubies, Amethyst, Emeralds, Opal, Topaz, Sapphire, Pearls and many more are said to bring love, luck, fortune and good health in one’s life. In Astrology, each gemstone is associated with everyone based on their birth months. That’s why people love to wear gemstones all the time for their own benefits. Sterling silver is one popular option that can be used as gemstone jewelry. A nice sterling silver ruby ring, a lovely emerald pendant set on a silver chain and your lucky topaz earrings are just some examples of everyday wear sterling silver gemstone jewelry.
It might be an easy chore to clean your plain sterling silver jewelry, but you have to be very careful while cleaning your silvers embedded with gemstones.
The sterling silver does get tarnished with time due to the added copper and zinc alloy. The 925 sterling silver is made up of 92.5% silver and 7.5%copper and zinc. Copper and Zinc oxidize with time and darken some areas of sterling silver. But gemstones do not get any tarnish; they might just lose some shine over time. Royal crown So it is very important to clean sterling silver jewelry embedded with gemstones to keep them shiny and brilliant forever. with gemstones to keep them shiny and brilliant forever. While cleaning we need to make sure
that we are not using any harmful chemicals that can damage the gemstone. We certainly do
not want them to lose the shine and sparkle. Today we shall look into some very useful and safe
methods to clean those pretty bling you have:
It is a very safe and organic way to clean sterling silver embedded with gemstones. Follow these steps to remove that tarnish:
- Add a half cup of white vinegar into the bowl.
- Add a half cup of water in it and stir it.
- Dip your tarnished silver jewelry in it and let it sit there for 3-4 hours.
- Dry the jewelry with a soft piece of cloth.
Aluminum foil is an awesome way to clean your jewelry without destroying it. You need to:
- Boil some water in a pot and turn off the flame.
- Fold your gemstone embedded sterling silver jewelry into the Aluminum foil.
- Add the foil into the pot.
- Stir it for some time and take out.
Open the folded foil and dry your jewelry with a soft piece of cloth.
- Baking Soda:
Baking soda can be a little harsh on those gems. You might want to check if it reacts to the baking soda before trying out this method:
- Create a paste of baking soda and water.
- Apply that paste on your jewelry and rub it gently with an abrasive cloth.
- Wash it later with some warm water.
- Pat dry with a soft cloth.
- Olive Oil
Using olive oil to clean sterling silver jewelry with gemstones is an amazing way to bring back that lost sparkle and shine. All you have to do is:
- Take 4-5 tablespoons of warm olive oil.
- Take a soft piece of cloth and dip it in the olive oil.
- Rub gently on the tarnished areas of your silver jewelry.
- Wash with some warm water.
- Dry with a clean soft cloth.
- Lemon Juice
Lemon juice is also a good way to bring the shine and luster back to the gemstone and sterling silver as well. You need to:
- Take a half cup of lemon juice.
- Dip your tarnished sterling silver jewelry into it and leave for 1-2 hours.
- Wash the jewelry with warm water.
- Dry with a soft abrasive piece of cloth.
- Just some Warm Water
Sometimes this very easy method comes in handy when you want to clean sterling silver without creating a fuss. You have to do the following:
- Get some lukewarm water in a bowl.
- Dip your gemstone embedded sterling silver jewelry in it for 2 hours.
- Take a microfiber cloth or a soft small brush to cleanse and take the dirt out with them.
- Dry with a soft piece of cloth.
- Silver Polish
A very simple and easy method to maintain and clean sterling silver jewelry with gemstones is to polish it regularly. Make it a part of your yearly cleaning plan and polish your precious high-quality gems and metals regularly. This is a great way to prevent it from tarnishing as well. All you have to do is:
- Take the sterling silver jewelry polish and create the solution as per its instruction on the box.
- Dip the sterling silver jewelry in the solution for 10 seconds or as per instructions.
- Clean it afterward with a soft cloth.
It is always necessary to keep our jewelry away from our everyday make up products, lotions, creams, perfumes, soap, etc. The small particles of dirt get stuck and pile up under your gemstones. Regular jewelry cleaning must be an important part of your overall cleaning schedule. But if you do not have time and are so busy, we also recommend getting your jewelry checked and cleaned by professionals who can take care and clean sterling silver jewelry in a better way. A nice, elegant, well taken care of sterling silver jewelry embedded with gemstones is a treasure to everyone and also can be a family heirloom.
Try out these awesome and easy methods to clean sterling silver jewelry embedded with gemstones and let us know which method you tried and worked for you.